NYC Council Resolution No. 0694-2015 — calling upon the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission to reject the relicensing of Indian Point 2 and Indian Point 3, so that those reactors will cease operations — was introduced into the New York City Council on May 14, 2015. (click here to see resolution text)
Now we need to contact our respective City Council Members and ask them to sign on as co-sponsors in order to build the support necessary for the resolution to pass.We’re asking our members, supporters, friends and neighbors to assist us in this effort.
Here are the steps to take:
- Find your Council Member and district by clicking here.
- Check to see if your CM is already a co-sponsor by clicking here. A list of current sponsors is posted at the top of the column to the right also. If so, call or email and thank them.
- If your CM hasn’t signed on yet, the easiest step to take is to just contact your CM by phone or email, tell them you support Res. 0694, and urge them to co-sponsor. You might also want to arrange to meet with your CM at their office to speak with them in person about the resolution. Consider making the visit with a friend or two and present your Council Member with an information packet on Indian Point. Our Education/Research /Facts Committee will have a packet available soon.
- To help us track our progress, coordinate our efforts, and determine what follow up may be necessary, we ask that you fill out and submit the form below. Please submit the form for your initial contact and any follow up action. Your information will not appear on the site.
Instructions: Fill in the following information (all information is required unless otherwise noted):
- Your name and address.
- Your email or phone number (optional).
- The name and district number of your Council Member.
- The date you contacted their office.
- How you made contact. Check the box(es) that apply.
- The name and title of the person with whom you spoke or replied to you.
- A brief summary of your conversation or correspondence with that person.
- The results you obtained. Check the box(es) that apply.
- Any other information, observations or comments you want to add (optional).
- When you’re finished, click the “Submit” button.